Securitize recommends enabling two factor authentication (2fa) on your Securitize iD account for security purposes. The settings within your Securitize iD provides a place to disable 2fa (Authy or Google Authenticator).
Disabling 2fa from Securitize iD (not recommended)
Note: When disabling 2fa from Securitize iD, you will also need to delete the entry from your app as well.
- Log in to your Securitize iD account: http://id.securitize.io
- Click on the Profile icon in the upper right corner and choose Settings
- Click on the Security section
- Under Two-factor authentication, click the blue active button to disable it
- Enter your Securitize iD password
- Enter your 2fa code from authy or google authenticator
Once you have disabled 2fa from Securitize iD, you will also need to delete the entry from Authy or Google Authenticator. If you do set up 2fa again, the previous entry will be invalid and the codes will not work.