Securitize iD does not require a Selfie, but there may be instances where Securitize has requested a Selfie such as:
- Inability to complete the Liveness check
- Password reset
- 2-factor authentication reset
Below you will find instructions on what we need in order to prove your ID ownership.
Stay In Focus
If you are asked to take a photo of yourself holding your proof of identity and (possibly) a piece of paper with the current date, first of all, make sure that your ID, date, and face are fully visible and in focus.
Here are a few simple tips that can help:
- Avoid dark rooms and strong background light
- Go for a smartphone camera and not a webcam, if you can choose
- Clean the camera’s lens
- Take a photo with a steady hand or use a tripod
Use the ID documents in which you resemble your current self the most.
Remove hats, headphones, glasses, and other things that can make you harder to recognize.
One Hand - One Piece
If you are required to take a photo of yourself holding the proof of identity and a piece of paper with the current date, please hold each by the corner making the data perfectly visible. Don’t let the documents overlap.